[OM] Any Experience With Cheap Leica M to MFT Adapters

Subject: [OM] Any Experience With Cheap Leica M to MFT Adapters
From: Keith Quarles <d.k.quarles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 12:45:36 -0400
I was looking into Leica M to MFT adapters and there is a WIDE range
of prices on eBay, for instance.  There are a lot of cheap ones at
$10-$20 and some in the range of $180 to over $300.  The quality ones,
like the Voigtlander and Lumix branded ones, have brass flanges on
both the lens and body sides, while all the cheaper ones have brass on
the lens side and aluminum on the body side.

I own one of the Voigtlander ones I got when they first came out, and
of course it works great.  But does anyone have experiences, good or
bad, with any particular versions of the cheap ones?  At that low end,
I could afford several and not have to switch out in the field.  But
of course that is pointless if they don't work smoothly or fall apart
or are out of spec on the distances.

I know one brand people have mentioned as working well for other
adapters is jinfinance, but his are priced about $40 and don't look
any different from the $10 ones.

Thanks for your observations and experiences.

Keith Quarles