Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:33:37 -0500
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback.  After I received feedback from several on this
list and the LUG list, I decided to try some changes.  Several years ago, I
increased the memory to 2.6GB, and since then, have added two larger hard
drives.  So, I went on-line and found recommendations for optimizing my
Virtual Memory settings.  I added quite a bit of Virtual Memory, placed on
my F drive, which is used for storing photos, because the recommendation was
to keep it off of the C drive.

After restarting the computer, things appear much more responsive.  I will
continue to monitor it.

Now, if Firefox would find a way to avoid its conflicts with Adobe's latest
Flash Player, I could live with the situation. :~(

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA