Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:19:04 -0400
Here's perhaps a simpler solution if you don't want to bother changing
browsers (which may or may not resolve your particular memory problem).
  I suspect I don't see any of this due to the way I use Firefox.  While
running the browser I use lots of tabs.  Most everything I open is done
in a new tab.  But after I get a bunch of tabs open I find that it's
just easier to shutdown the browser than go close a bunch of tabs.
Whether it's Firefox or some plug-in at fault killing Firefox should
clear the memory that's being used... unless it's truly a bad memory
leak.  Just try it.  It's easy enough and a Firefox restart doesn't take
very long.  If it doesn't help then bite the bullet and try Chrome.  You
don't have to abandon Firefox to install and try Chrome.

Chuck Norcutt