Re: [OM] Olympus confirms a new 4/3 body

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus confirms a new 4/3 body
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:37:34 -0500
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012, at 02:58 AM, Dawid Loubser wrote:
> Now, next to those three, plonk down an Olympus E-5 or a Canon 7D, and
> go "OMG, what a huge, blobby camera".
>
> That's what I'm talking about.

Certainly there is very little difference in size between my FE2 and
OM2N.

Comparisons between film cameras and digital SLRs are not valid to me
personally.  For the scale of the capture, nothing is as compact and
elegant as my VL Perkeo folder.  If that seems like a compelling
argument for using film over digital, or for putting up with the
inconvenience of estimating exposure and focus distance with the Perkeo,
anyone is welcome to it (the argument, not the camera!).

Also, I guess I don't mind blobby.  Spent some enjoyable moments over
the weekend with 5D, 620, and RB67.  No OM yearnings at the moment,
though that may change soon as I may return to 35mm for some BW
shooting.  I don't imagine I'll ever shoot color via 35mm again.

Joel (Blobs 'R Me) W.