Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:19:25 -0500
Hi Chuck,

I have done the same, though I usually have Firefox reopen with the same
tabs, because that serves me better.

I took another approach last evening.  Since FF wants to use memory, I
decided to give it all I could.  Recalling that I had increased the memory
to about 2.5GB, and now have large C and F drives, I decided to increase the
Virtual Memory, which was still set at 4096K on the C drive.  I found
instructions online that advised me to set the level at 1.5 times the memory
card size, with a max of three times that level, and to place this somewhere
other than on the C drive where the system files are located.

I set up the larger Virtual Memory on my F drive, which is the one I use for
photo images.  After a restart, the system seems much more responsive.  I
even installed the latest Flash Player and that is also working properly, so
far.

We shall see how this works out.  I do not understand all of the ways that
Windows uses memory, so this is somewhat a shot in the dark.  Any
suggestions?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA