Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:49:32 -0400
I think you're misinterpreting the "Windows 32-bit operating system will
only support 3 or 3.5GB.  That's only what your applications can get to.
  The hardware is fully capable of addressing all 4 GB.  You don't see
it all because the OS and some of the hardware use the rest.  If the OS
and hardware are using 0.5 - 1.0 GB then you only have 1.5 - 2.0 GB for
your own use from your presently installed 2.5 GB.  Replace your 512 MB
module with two 1 GB modules which will cost you about $30-35 and you'll
still get a 1.5 GB increase over what you've got... which may be as much
as a 100% increase over what's available to your applications.  If you
don't see a performance difference I'll pay for your memory.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt