Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice
From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:01:46 +0200 (CEST)
Message du : 21/08/2012 16:38
De : "Chuck Norcutt " <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A : "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Copie à :
Sujet : Re: [OM] E-M5 in Venice

 Only exposure related settings should affect RAW files.  But that, of
course, includes ISO.  But if you shoot totally raw you may want to
study use of "expose to the right" (ETTR) if you don't already shoot
that way.  That will allow you much better control of the final product
out of LR or PS.

Agreed, shoot to the right, always, and don't trust the hysterogram of the
camera, it lies to you as it is - usually - based on the embedded JPEG, which
leaves room for subtlety, cf my previous answer
ph

Chuck Norcutt