Re: [OM] Mount Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Mount Olympus
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:48:49 -0700
Mt Carie I think...  I can see it from here. Mt. Olympus is a couple of
valleys farther west. You may be able to see the top peeking over the
Bailey Range (of which Mt Carie is a part) from the higher spots along
Hurricane Ridge. That's the Elwha Valley directly below where they are
in the process of dam breaching and restoration. Perhaps someday the
45kg salmon will return

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elwha_Dam>
<http://www.nps.gov/olym/photosmultimedia/elwha-river-webcams.htm>

The blue haze is smoke from Asia. It has been thick. I thought there was
a forest fire in the Olympics but it is Asian smoke. And they want to
ship freighter loads of our coal to china...

Mike