Re: [OM] EVF Rant (Was: For Ken: finally an E1 upgrade)

Subject: Re: [OM] EVF Rant (Was: For Ken: finally an E1 upgrade)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:33:25 +0200
John,

I know that was a jab in the side, but I actually use a 4x5in view
camera a lot. Not with plates of course (there's this new thing called
film, since the early 1900s), but with a dark cloth indeed. The
viewfinder / compositional experience is so much more "high fidelity"
compared to any electronic viewfinder it's not even funny.

Of course, at 5 minutes plus per photograph, it should be :-)

Were you trying to make a point? Because if you want to bring
large-format camera viewfinders into a rant about itty-bitty pixellated
electronic viewfinders, I'd love to hear your side of the argument
indeed!

regards,
Dawid