[OM] Godspeed, Neil Armstrong--now sliderule/calculators

Subject: [OM] Godspeed, Neil Armstrong--now sliderule/calculators
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:23:33 -0400 (EDT)
Appears my Cylindrical Pocket Slide Rule with Helical Scales, Made in
England by Carbic Ltd., London 1921-1972 is a chrome plated type "C."

http://www.svpal.org/~dickel/OK/OtisKing.html

Thanks for mentioning the Nixie tubes--enabled me to probably find
thebeasty. If this isn't it ,it is close to what I used.

http://www.hpmuseum.org/sharp.jpg

My current theory is that there is a tight correlation between OM lens
use, tolerance or preference of RPN, as well as discriminating taste in
brews especially an affinity excellent for American brown ales such as
Olde Brown Dog.  (perhaps Chuck is an outlier or, gulp, the theory is
wrong)
Curiously, but no suprise to me,  the HP 11C uses the identical
batteries as OM bodies (except OM1 of course). I used it not long ago
for a repetitive complex calculation as it got the job done before I
could boot a PC. I didn't quite recall how to key program it, but it
came back to me after I just looked at the 11C.

Mike