Re: [OM] EVF Rant (Was: For Ken: finally an E1 upgrade)

Subject: Re: [OM] EVF Rant (Was: For Ken: finally an E1 upgrade)
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:13:04 +0200
Dawid,

I am also justifying the camera to myself ;-) , I have a medium format
camera that I have hardly used, I am extremely disappointed that
switzerland decided to get rid of film usage by pricing its processing
so high - it only takes 120 rolls of 35mm printed at 5x7 35mm to recoup
the cost of all my X-pro1 and three lenses. I also don't have the time
to spend in a darkroom and lugging too much heavy equipment was giving
me problems with hand wrist and back plus with either a dog or child or
both pulling at one hand it's often just not possible to take time to
take real photographs, so I have to make do with snapshots, grabbed
shots but I shoot as Bob describes, the image is in my head and I just
need to frame it and shoot, luckily I am around many interesting
subjects so I like to think I am able to get away with lots ;-)

I am not trying to sell you the X-pro1, I don't think you would be
satisfied, however the new leica m9 monochrome might be a different
kettle of fish!

IanW