[OM] M-M DR - eek! (Was: Leica MM, First Photos)

Subject: [OM] M-M DR - eek! (Was: Leica MM, First Photos)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 00:02:53 +0200
And more power to you, Tina - everybody should use the tools and process
that suits them best. Just watch the contrast range of the scenes you
photograph.

I was totally dumbfounded by the poor dynamic range exhibited in some
M-M samples, here is one:

http://shoottokyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/L-22.jpg

I swear this is much worse than my Four Thirds camera even, and either
this shows that it's really a mistake to remove the CFA from a CCD
sensor, or there is something else very odd going on.

Have you had any obvious problems to the degree exhibited by the shot
above? Your dog shot showed it mildly, but the shot above is really just
a shocker.

Can't believe it's an image made with an $8k camera and a $7k 50mm f/2.0
lens, looks like a $200 P&S.

Of course, the hands holding the tools make all the difference!

Dawid