Re: [OM] IMGs. Seaplane [was Rough landing]

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs. Seaplane [was Rough landing]
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 13:38:53 -0700

> Here's some images for those of you who adore all those images of
aircraft.

> A seaplane that didn't crash Friday.

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/British
_Columbia/Travel&image=IMG_0593oofm.jpg>

> A couple of details.

<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/British
_Columbia/Travel&image=IMG_0594oofm.jpg>

> And
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/British
_Columbia/Travel&image=IMG_0595oofm.jpg>

> Looks like a recently waxed Beaver.*

    Ooooohh!!  A deHaviland Beaver on pontoons is a real heart throb.  Last
time I was in Goose Bay the Canadian Forest Ministry (name?) had all of
their Beavers and Otters rolled out of their hangars.  All were fitted with
pontoons.  Wish I had taken some photos of that lineup.

    One I have never seen on pontoons is the Antanov AN-2.  I've seen DC-3's
on pontoons and skiis, and the Edo pontoons on those are the size of a small
boat.

Chris