Re: [OM] An interesting avenue to take and play with

Subject: Re: [OM] An interesting avenue to take and play with
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:04:27 +0200
Philippe, the way I understand it, the design of the lenses take into
account the sensor cover glass. For example, when you buy any of the
(too-amazing-to-even-contemplate) Rodenstock HR Digaron wide-angle
lenses for medium format digital, they ship the lens with an extra rear
"filter" that you have to screw on if you use the lens with film, to
compensate for the fact that there is no sensor glass.

I (and this is a guess...) imagine teeny tiny compact cameras with their
teeny tiny lenses are even more sensitive to the presence or absence of
this piece of glass in front of the capture medium.

Dawid