Re: [OM] IMG: Top of the Rock

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Top of the Rock
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 16:10:00 -0400
I'm starting to enjoy HDR processing, but at the moment only my toes are in the
water. I still go for the more photorealistic style, with just a touch of HDR
edginess to the image to add some pop or whatever it is. It's a bit like
stylization, well, that's exactly what it is. You're messing with reality more
than you normally do in a single-shot endeavor.

Definitely not for everyone. I was out the other morning shooting my favorite
lighthouse, and I decided to take a few HDR shots. Used a five-shot bracket
with exposure value set to -1. I'm not quite finished with it yet, but I'm
liking the look, particularly for Pemaquid, which is, to put it kindly, a bit
of a cliche from every angle in every light in all weather conditions.

--Bob