Re: [OM] OT: And You Thought Camera Equipment Was Pricey

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: And You Thought Camera Equipment Was Pricey
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:21:46 -0500
> You're just a kid.  Give it time.

I've got a few pieces of vintage audio gear that moves with us and
keeps going back in the bowels of a closet. I figure that someday one
of those old reel-to-reels will have some value. Meanwhile, my wife
raises an eyebrow every time we move it.

The thing about this stuff is the nostalgic value. I personally find
very little of the nostalgic era to be of much value to me. It took 10
years to deprogram my childhood as it is. I'm not too excited about
going back. One lousy bicycle and years of therapy right out the
window.

;)

AG

--