Re: [OM] Italy

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 18:00:50 +0200
Le 13 sept. 12 à 17:00, Ken Norton a écrit :

> Two Leicas and a bag o' lenses. Life is good.
>
> Enjoy, be safe, don't drink the water,

Even if wine is part of the healthy meditarenean diet, water is
completely safe, at least in Rome.
They have public fountains there that they defend as the apple of
their eyes - a Roman right that current authorities had wanted to
ignore, which brought protests.
We bought bottled water from a shop last month, and after we'd paid,
the smiling lady told us: you can refill for free from the fountains
now, it's fresh, and perfectly drinkable ... :-)  tested, and alive,
no kidding

More at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso
and the wine ....

> etc., etc.
>
> No guarantees about the behaving part. After this many years on this
> list, I don't even try anymore.

Have fun, sun, and
a lot of olive oil Tom and Tina
oh yes, don't forget THE hat!!