Re: [OM] Who likes trains? (3 film images)

Subject: Re: [OM] Who likes trains? (3 film images)
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:15:16 -0500
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 04:02 PM, Dawid Loubser wrote:
> Philippe, I'm not so sure that I agree about the qualities of the lens
> being more important than the film in achieving the overall impression
> of the image. I feel that light, composition, and film (for the dynamic
> range and tonal rendering...) are even more important, but for enquiring
> minds, all three of these were with the Mamiya Sekor-C 140mm f/4.5 Macro
> (with some element separation that does not appear to affect the
> output), shot on 6x7cm film.
>
> Pan F is also by far my favourite in medium format, hence my "neglect"
> of FP4.

Cooling my heals in the Upper Peninsula, waiting to meet up with Ken.

I brought mainly Acros, but I have two rolls of Pan F with me.  I would
have brought more but hadn't the time to order any.  I had apparent
success developing it in a highly dilute mix of HC110 -- I'm calling it
"dilution Z" -- just before leaving.  It's 25% of dilution B!  Seems to
have excellent tonalities, as scanned.  We shall see what we see once
Ken gets his darkroom humming.

Rain has stopped for the moment.  Shutters call.

Joel W.

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html