Re: [OM] Interesting micro 4/3 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting micro 4/3 lens
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:31:42 +0200
Oh, not this again. One would think with me actually being a four thirds
user, I should be able to discuss equivalence around here.

This lens IS equivalent to a 30mm f/16 in 35mm terms, and can resolve no
more than what a 30mm at f/16 can. Stop any lens on a digital sensor
down that far, and the output becomes quite a bit softer. Not a problem
for most images, but this is an indisputable fact.

On the other hand, for fixed-focus, this is probably a decent
compromise, although f/5.6 would have been much better IMHO. Could have
had near-peak performance that way.

Oh well... a very unusual and daring release by Olympus :-)

Dawid