Re: [OM] FS: OM Zuiko 400mm/f6.3 MC Like New

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: OM Zuiko 400mm/f6.3 MC Like New
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:21:31 -0400 (EDT)
I once owned one and it was sold to bring a Tamron SP 400mm  f4 lens  into
the stable where it still resides.  I had a need for speed and don't  regret
the change.  Comparing the lens sold on eBay with the list members  lens is
a little like comparing a mint condition 59 Chevrolet with what is of  the
same model in a junk yard.  The $99 dollar one was gobbled up with  fungus
and as an added bonus looked as if it had lead a rough life.  The  one
offered by the list members looks to be on the high end of the scale, and  not
totally unrealistic, if my conversion numbers are accurate.  There are  others
on eBay which would give a buyer an idea of the right price . . . which
happens to not be $99.  Bill Barber