Re: [OM] TOP - DxO Gives OM-D High Marks

Subject: Re: [OM] TOP - DxO Gives OM-D High Marks
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:10:53 -0400
It don't matter how you cut the mustard, as long as you get it cut. However, I
did misinterpret you're usage of hack. Actually, looking at it in context, I
think you're using hack the way I saw it in that paragraph, and the other way
in the next usage.

And you're right about all that flash stuff. It is a tough row to hoe. But--and
it's a big but--if you get the goods it doesn't matter how you got there. You
can take all the self-satisfaction you want out of knowing the hardware inside
out, but the end result is the end result.

And for what it's worth, I've shot a lot of Velvia, in 35, 6x9 and 4x5. It was
all I shot until I discovered Ektachrome 100 VS (?), which I found better for
shots with skies, water and rocks. Velvia ruled for foliage. Used a Pentax
spotmeter, and did the calculations in my head. Nothing beats slipping a 4x5
sheet of Velvia out of its sleeve and putting it on the light box. It's a pure
joy most people, photographers or not, never get to experience.

But, that said, I won't go back again. Digital keeps getting better. It's going
to keep getting better until something better replaces it. I hope by then I've
sloughed off this mortal coil and am chasing nymphs in hell.

--Bob