Re: [OM] Darkroom Progress

Subject: Re: [OM] Darkroom Progress
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 10:04:49 -0500
> You might post your needs on the list, as someone you know might have a
> wall mount, depending on what kind on enlarger you are dealing with.

I think it's the Chromega Super D or the XL. Not sure at the moment.
Anyway, I understand that these came with one of two different styles
of mounting. You could bolt it to a horizontal surface or to a
vertical surface. This particular one was bolted to a concrete wall.
My problem is that I don't want to mount it to the exterior concrete
wall, and the interior wall is standard studded (although, there is a
spot where there is a pretty good structural support I could bolt it
into).

I was thinking about building up a steel stand on rollers. Through
enough mass at it and it will be pretty much vibration free.

As I was just looking as some pictures of these things, I'm wondering
now if that base swivels to allow for either horizontal or vertical
mounting. If it does allow for horizontal mounting, I'll go ahead and
mount it to my work bench.

Oh, one thing I'm missing, which I'm hoping to get when I'm back in
Michigan, but there is no guarantee that they are still there, and
that's the film holders.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx