Re: [OM] TOP - DxO Gives OM-D High Marks

Subject: Re: [OM] TOP - DxO Gives OM-D High Marks
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 06:46:15 +0100
Thanks, Chuck.

I mean that, for instance, my K-5 gets better scores than the much newer E-M5.

I do not gloat about this, at least because I don't know the system, but my
comment is that the E-M5 seems to be good, but only in the way of being the
best µ43 camera so far.  It does not raise the results of µ43, in general,
above those of the higher quality APS-C cameras, in general.

According to these test page(s) . . . it's probably like reading newspapers:
you tend to read the ones whose opinions vindicate your own prejudices :-)

I had already formed my opinions about the E-M5 and it had nothing to do with
the excellent results that its users seem to be getting; it was about using the
electronic viewfinder, primarily.

But it is tempting . . .

Chris