Re: [OM] [OT] drugs industry

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] drugs industry
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 18:49:43 -0400
That is very interesting.   Thanks for posting it.  I have so many diet
cookbooks!  I don't eat much meat because I don't know where it comes from.
 I eat lots of carbs because I raise veggies and make my own bread and
pasta.  Looks like I'm going to have to do some more research.

Tina

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Mexican food is perfectly healthy if you leave out the tortillas.  If
> you want to see your cholesterol and blood pressure drop just start
> eating a very low carb diet.  I don't care about the cholesterol but I
> am concerned about my blood pressure.  All of my life it has been
> slightly low (about 110/70).  However the relatively low carb diet I
> used to follow years ago had been gradually slipping by the wayside.  I
> was shocked about a year ago when the doc told me my blood pressure was
> 140/80.  He put me on a 1/2 dose (12.5mg) of chlorthalidone.  It took my
> BP down to about 120/70 but I didn't like the meds.  So I went back to
> my old low carb ways and the blood pressure went back down to 110/70
> (and often lower) without the meds.  I don't recall all the cholesterol
> numbers but the LDL dropped considerably, the HDL went up to 49 (a
> number I'd never seen before, 40 was typical) and the triglycerides were
> cut about in half.  I've also lost about 10 lbs. over the past year
> eating a high fat, high protein diet.
>
> I may have posted this before but here's Christopher Gardner from the
> Stanford School of Medicine on his study of low carb diets.
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eREuZEdMAVo>
> The results blew him over because he's a 25 year vegetarian. :-)
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 10/2/2012 11:06 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> >>   From first hand experience I can attest that cholesterol is reduced by
> from
>
> > I'm rather entertained by this. Of course, my own eating habits range
> > from hyper-picky to total-slob from one meal to the next. I'm kinda
> > hoping that it all averages out. However, as each year passes, the
> > fewer McDonald's French Fries I eat. Now, if there is just some way of
> > making Mexican food healthier.
> --

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com