Re: [OM] IMG: Nona Making Pasta

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nona Making Pasta
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:53:04 +0200
Cc: MUGers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, paw <paw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, seephoto <seephoto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lug <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Tina, this is one of your first M-M pictures posted here that I really
like the tones of. It's not because of the (some would say cheesy)
old-school film simulation, but because the contrast is tamed (gentle,
more controlled), the highlights are not blown, and the blacks are not
totally blocked up. Even if you don't like the simulated grain etc, you
should pursue the gentler contrast and more "open" highlights and
shadows, it suits your style of imagery much better IMHO.

I make fresh pasta at least once or twice a week. Nothing compares to
Pasta that was still literally semolina flour ten minutes before eating
it - the very definition of al Dente!

enjoy,
Dawid