Re: [OM] IMG: Propeller Plane

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Propeller Plane
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:20:32 -0500
> If airline seats get any closer together, Tom, who is 6'4" will not be able
> to fit his knees in the space allowed.  It's already very, very close.  His
> brother is 6'8" and will only fly first class but that means they almost
> never go anywhere!

I'm 6'4" with a lot of height in my thighs. I've been in a few
airplanes where I literally could not sit down! I had to stick my
knees into the aisle. Talk about miserable. On one Delta flight (Delta
is about the worse in my experience), my knees where jammed into the
seat ahead of me when on takeoff, YES, ON TAKEOFF, the sorry excuse
for a member of the human race decided that he wanted to be reclined.
So he reclines his seat with the added force of his weight as the
airplane is pointed way up skyward. I hobbled for six weeks after
that. But, I also let out a howl of pain that got the attention of the
entire airplane. I shoved his seat forward and made sure his flight
was miserable the entire rest of the trip.

That was as close to busted knees as I've ever had. I don't think I've
ever flown Delta since.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx