Re: [OM] IMG: Propeller Plane

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Propeller Plane
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 17:39:22 -0400
Tom does the same and jams his knees into the seat in front of him so they
can't recline.  The stewardess will usually, when the other passenger
complains that their seat won't go back, say something like, "This guy's
legs are so long, they will not fit in the space if you recline your seat!"
 It's all the fault of the airlines trying to cram more seats into less
space.  I'd be willing to pay more for more room but not first-class
rates!!  The only times we've flown first-class have been with frequent
flier points.  We thought USAir was going bankrupt so to use our thousands
of points, we flew Lufthansa first class to China and back.  That was a
WONDERFUL trip.  If only they could all be like that.

Tina

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If airline seats get any closer together, Tom, who is 6'4" will not be
> able
> > to fit his knees in the space allowed.  It's already very, very close.
>  His
> > brother is 6'8" and will only fly first class but that means they almost
> > never go anywhere!
>
> I'm 6'4" with a lot of height in my thighs. I've been in a few
> airplanes where I literally could not sit down! I had to stick my
> knees into the aisle. Talk about miserable. On one Delta flight (Delta
> is about the worse in my experience), my knees where jammed into the
> seat ahead of me when on takeoff, YES, ON TAKEOFF, the sorry excuse
> for a member of the human race decided that he wanted to be reclined.
> So he reclines his seat with the added force of his weight as the
> airplane is pointed way up skyward. I hobbled for six weeks after
> that. But, I also let out a howl of pain that got the attention of the
> entire airplane. I shoved his seat forward and made sure his flight
> was miserable the entire rest of the trip.
>
> That was as close to busted knees as I've ever had. I don't think I've
> ever flown Delta since.
>

> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx