Re: [OM] OM. Customer Service $@*+!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM. Customer Service $@*+!!!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:26:36 -0400
On 10/9/2012 9:34 AM, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
> 20% added to US prices  = $88   Does not explain how 2 generic batteries PLUS
> battery charger and postage comes to less than 1/2 of the cost of 1 battery
> alone!

Although the prices are lower, the relative situation is the same here. Two
batteries with charger cost less than half
an Oly battery.

Overpriced OEM batteries didn't used to be limited to Oly.

The shortage of accessories is likely a result of better than expected sales.
I needed three different lens hoods. I
bought the one Oly one available, 14-150 and third party (JJC brand) for the
12-50 and 75-300. I don't see any
difference in quality, fit, finish.

I had to put a tiny bit of Teflon lube on the bayonets of both Oly 14-150 and
JJC 75-300 to make them go on really smoothly.

> The problem is also the attitude that lens hoods are not supplied

Yes that seems cheap - and short sighted. Why would they want a bunch of people
using their lenses without hoods?
Resulting IQ failings will be blamed on the lenses and/or camera.

>   and no one in the UK keeps them in stock, probably no surprise as no one
> would buy at that price. Very sad   :-(>

Here, the Oly and 3rd. party hoods are pretty close in price.

Hooded Moose