Re: [OM] pc question

Subject: Re: [OM] pc question
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 23:39:09 +1300
Ken of the silver nose wrote

> No USB hub, no memory sticks. It's a laptop computer with a projector
> attached. Computer brand is ASUS.
>
> It started doing this a few months ago. I have no idea what triggered it.

My Acer desktop started dishing out varied privileges and having
inconsistent file associations when I installed a new FLV  video player - VLC
media player. Uninstalling and so on didn't sort them all out; I have learned
to live with them.

Since then it also prevents me associating Windows Media Player
(wmplayer.exe) with ANY kind of file.  I have had to develop another work-
around for that little annoyance as well.

Brian Swale