Re: [OM] OM. Customer Service $@*+!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM. Customer Service $@*+!!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:37:29 -0500
> But the evil of the VAT is that it is added at every stage of production not
> just at the final sale. We do not apply sales tax to things used in
> manufacturing.VAT is added in little pinches that really add up.

That did have the unintended consequence of altering how parts
suppliers provide to manufacturers. These little mom-and-pops have
sold out or under a contract ownership basis where the primary company
owns the machinery that the parts suppliers use. Lots of ways they've
gamed the system. In essence there is a return to the economic systems
of fiefdoms and tenant farmers.

We've seen this happen in a massive way in Iowa in both the
wind-energy and agriculture industries.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx