Re: [OM] Need car buying advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need car buying advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:19:57 -0400
Thanks for the tips.  The car now has 25,000 miles on it and the tires
are the original.  They're showing wear and they'll need replacing soon
if only due to their age (2007-8).  I haven't checked to see where the
cross bars are.  I'll try moving them to the back or maybe I can even
remove them as I have no need of using the roof rack.

I did drive the Chrysler T&C about 25 highway miles at 70 mph.  I don't
think it was really much quieter than the Sienna (and much louder when
you punch it) but it surely was more comfortable to ride in the driver's
seat.  As to handling I didn't meet any curves sharper than a 35 mph
exit ramp taken at 45 mph.  Nothing untoward noticed but that's hardly
emergency maneuvers land.  At the RV park where I live in the winter
there are numerous mini-vans.  I don't recall the total number but my
wife and I counted them up one night and some 80% of the minivans were
Chrysler T&C and Dodge Caravan with most being T&C.  I've spoken to some
of their owner who seem to love them.  But most of them are from Michigan.

But what I'd really like to do is ditch the mini-van altogether and get
back to a very large sedan.  The problem is even my Buick Lucerne wasn't
large enough.  Maybe a Buick Enclave?  :-)

Chuck Norcutt