Re: [OM] IMG Amanita muscaria

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG Amanita muscaria
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 20:11:02 -0400
Strikes me as a lot of unnecessary work... both in mounting the modified
lens to a bellows and taking >20 exposures at different focus distances.
  With an unmodified 35mm lens you can get from 1.7 feet to infinity in
4 exposures with focus at 2, 3, 6 and 12 feet.  You can even get
slightly under 1 foot for the closest distance but you'd need at least 1
more exposure and maybe 2.  Heck, with focus at 11.1 feet you can get
from 5.6 feet to infinity in 1 shot.

20 exposures?  What are they doing.  Focusing on a fly on the front
element with the background sharp and at infinity?

Chuck Norcutt