Re: [OM] Need car buying advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need car buying advice
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:00:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Chris,

Glad that you are back and also glad that your vacation went well.  I did see
your message to the list before you left and replied to it saying something in
the sense that as long as you remember that you shake head sideways when you
want to say yes and up and down when you want to say no, you will be ok...:)

I saw Top Gear's infomertial on the Yeti and am glad you did not go that
route.  It looks very pretty and capable vehicle, but at least here VW group
has reliability issues, so do most German firms with the exception of BMW.

I wouldn't know what to do with 240 hps, I would probably take it at least once
a week on those winding country roads that seem to be abundant in UK...:)

Best

Boris

From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 16:47:20 +0100
Boris They are attractive cars, I agree.  I might have bought one but for the
lack of
space for 2 granddaughters and their kit :-) I was going to buy a new Skoda
Yeti, and I ordered one, but I grew impatient
with the wait (6 months) and found a nearly new BMW X1 which is a delight to
drive.  It's also the most powerful car that I've ever owned, at 204bhp. I've
just visited your country (former country?), by the way.  My brother lives
near Popovo, rebuilding a couple of farm buildings.  We flew to Bucharest,
staying for a couple of nights before taking the (veryt slow) train to Ruse,
where we hired a banger for our holiday in Bulgaria. If you would like to see
photos from both countries, see Romania and Bulgaria at:
http://images.threeshoes.biz We really enjoyed each country and your
compatriots were very friendly and
welcoming; even the language was not too much of a barrier . . . Chris