Re: [OM] IMG: Visitor from the Forties

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Visitor from the Forties
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:32:44 -0400
If you look at this link (from that same series)
<http://www.enginehistory.org/Allison/V-1710Details/allisonv1710installationinp51.html>

  you'll see that the scoop provides air to both the coolant and oil
radiators.  The oil cooler is inside of and surrounded by the coolant
radiator and the air scoop provides air flow to both of them.

I'll have to ask my dad what he called them.  He worked on P-38s and
P-51s from late 1943 to the end of the war.  P-39s and P-40s before that.

Chuck Norcutt