Re: [OM] Fingering objects of desire...

Subject: Re: [OM] Fingering objects of desire...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:01:19 -0500
> The Canon 7D was nice, seemed to handle quite well, and was quick to
> focus, as was the Nikon. I could probably live with it. No IBIS, which I
> rather like.

I've used the 7D quite a bit now. OK, one of my dark secrets revealed.
I've used the 7D a lot. (Somewhere around 10,000 pictures). I don't
think there is a better crop-sensor camera on the market in any brand
or price. I can recommend it without hesitation or caveats. I'd buy
one for myself except I'm wanting full-frame. Also, given my secret
life, I actually get to use it about as much as I want, anyway. I'm
doing work with another photographer who has a full-tilt EOS kit and I
get to use his 7D. I have my choice between several cameras, but the
7D always wins out. I'm still struggling a bit with the UI and menus,
but for the most part, the camera is very controllable and I never
have to wait on it.

The only thing I would say (here comes the caveats that I said I
wasn't going to do), is that the lenses just aren't Zuikos. Canon
lenses draw OK, no problem there, but there is a distinct style to
them that just screams "normal". If you like "normal" and
"predictable", they're great. But the images just don't have the Zuiko
glow to them.

AG (coming out of the closet) Schnozz

--
Ken Norton