[OM] OM to EOS adapters

Subject: [OM] OM to EOS adapters
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 18:32:35 -0400 (EDT)
I have a Cameraquest OM-EOS one with an Optix V chip. My C/Y is
Fotodiox Pro with Optix V+ chip. The regular fotodiox adapter does not
have a good reputation but the Pro ones get fairly consistent good
reviews on FM alt lens forum. They will chip the adapter with any type
you want(they don't advertise that) They charged me 15 bucks--best 15
bucks I ever spent--it can be frustratingly fussy to get it just right
even with a template/mounting aid so unless one enjoys that I wouldn't
recommend a DIY. I had no problem with he company but Moose didn't care
for them--one can pick up the phone and call them in the US of course,
The more expensive HappypageHK (Rudolf) also have a good reputation. He
is a good guy.

The new V6 Optix chip allows one to store 3 lens settings with the
micro AF adjust /FL etc and easy switch among them. Nonetheless the emf
have an additional cool trick as one can dial in the aperture on the
cam instead of programming to get proper aperture data in exif. Now if
only the Optix chip would do that I would be happy or if the emf chip
rid itself of the crazy shutter use to program. As I still use my
Zuikos on my OM  a moderate amount having a ton of emf adapters --one
for each lens would be a pain. That is an excellent strategy if solely
used on digital though. The preponderance of opinion on alt lens FM is
that the AF microadjust on the 5DIII is just about as reliable as using
precision screen on the OM 5DII. I have my own opinion on this if
interested.

http://tinyurl.com/96dg3nf

http://tinyurl.com/92pp6pp

One chip, two chip, red chip....Mike