[OM] Fingering objects of desire...

Subject: [OM] Fingering objects of desire...
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:00:39 -0400 (EDT)
>Almost certainly possible, with enough time, ingenuity and money. ;-)
MikeG
>has a custom adapter (Mirex?) that
>requires the lens to be taken off, then the adapter is released from
the camera
>body with a lever inside the adapter throat.

>Latching Moose

Yes, it is a Mirex tilt shift adapter--according to Dr. Markus
Michelberger at Mirex it is still the only one they ever fabricated for
OM mount. I just know AG would like one.
I also had Ian at SRb-Griturn fabricate a Mamiya to OM adapter for the
front so I can mount Zuikos. (135/4 macro has very large image circle)
I bugged poor Dr. Michelberger for over 4months and they finally
relented after many long email discussions. I have a teflon covering
for the screws provided by them to protect an OM4t. (same problem with
early Tamron adpaptall gizmos)

http://tinyurl.com/9ncdlat

When I was looking into a full frame dig home in addition to my OM
bodies I gave the OM to Sony a good look. Tim
on our list (Dr. Battery) and superb engineer thought the latch
mechanisms and the lens throat issue would make it next to impossible
w/o mount surgery. Ian at Srb said the same. Now one can do reversible
mount surgery (at least for some Zuikos) using an M42 adapter
and make this happen. Dave at Leitax looked into this for a kit but it
never seemed to materialize. One could ask again. I possibly could find
the
post on FM with the directions if it is critical. It didn't look t be
that difficult a procedure with the step by step directions, but I
couldn't do it to my zuikos.

Shifty Mike