Re: [OM] Camera bag getting a little heavy?

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera bag getting a little heavy?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:40:19 -0500
> For me, Karen's work is without question both art and  photography.
>
> Oh, I am not about to lighten the load of my kit.  My iphone is my  most
> used light meter.  Hmm, both a phone and a light meter at the same  time.

Putting on my "Bill Agrees with Me" t-shirt.

I've been experimenting with photos taken with my smartphone. As a
stand-alone image, the technical qualities fall down a bit. But when
composted, the resulting image(s) can most certainly be used to
express original thought/vision and purpose. Art? Absolutely. But at
the same time, I would caution that the line between "art" and "craft"
is terribly fuzzy. I argue that the first time an artist creates
something it's "art", but subsequent versions are formulaic and fall
into the "craft" category.

With rare exceptions (very, very rare), my photography falls into the
"craft" category.

AG

--
Ken Norton