Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:22:40 -0500
> Perhaps some good photo ops?

I can imagine that the surf down at the lighthouse should be pretty
good. Isn't that why you bought weatherproof camera gear?

Which brings up something that I've always struggled with. How do we
get stable images when the camera and tripod is being buffeted by
strong winds? The leeward side of objects don't seem to align up with
the ideal shooting locations. I generally try to shield the camera and
tripod with my body, but that doesn't work well when you are shooting
into the wind. I've pressed down on the camera, hung heavy camera bags
from the center, etc., but strong gusty winds seem to be my nemesis.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx