Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Heads-Up
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:59:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> But the models are still trying to refine the track.  Yesterday at this
> time the endpoint of the track was over the top of my house... near the
> "2AM Wed" mark on the map above.  Since then each advisory has been
> moving it further south.  My wife just said she was reading an article
> that said this hurricane track and cold-front collision is reminiscent
> of Hurricane Hazel in 1954.  At the time she lived in Taylor, PA near
> Scranton and there was still enough wind energy that their roll-up cloth
> window awnings were destroyed.

     The point of landfall has moved a bit further south this morning, now near
Philadelphia and as a border-line category 1 hurricane or a top-end tropical
storm.

     The amount of moisture in this storm reminds me of the 1972 Agnes storm
that went straight up the Susquehanna River.

     The NWS forecast for York, PA includes a mention of the possibility of
snow at higher elevations.  The cold front that is going to collide with the TS
remnants is going to create some serious problems.

Chris