[OM] IMG: Long-Tailed Skipper Butterfly (Not a Moth)

Subject: [OM] IMG: Long-Tailed Skipper Butterfly (Not a Moth)
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:33:26 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Continuing to do on-line research, I have identified the mystery butterfly that
landed briefly in front of me.  It is not a moth, but a Long-Tailed Skipper
Butterfly that was west of the normal migration path from Florida up and down
the East Coast.

Because of the angle of the wings, the bright blue on the top of the abdomen is
only barely seen in the four quick images that I snapped.  The wing markings
match up properly.  The blue can be barely seen on the top of the head and rear
part of the abdomen.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Brown+B_fly+or+Moth.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA