Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....

Subject: Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 22:24:00 -0700
On 10/30/2012 8:47 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
> I've had Olympus gear since my first OM2n in college.

OMs didn't exist when I was in college. I started with an OM-1 in about '74.

> I do this mostly as a hobby - I don't get a lot of money for the online
> stuff, so a fully-pro body is out of the question.   So is a $15,000
> superfast tele.
>
> I now cast out amongst the brains on this list - make a few
> recommendations for me.  Something in the prosumer range.  The main need
> is for excellent performance in low light.  And I will need a flash.  I
> would consider a one-generation-back used body if it meant I had more
> money towards a lens and flash.
>
> I await your answers.

Here are some shots of a gig my friend's band did at the Fryeburg (ME) Fair.
They could look a lot better, but I simply
downsized the JPEGs, right out of the camera. No RAW, no NR, etc., so you can
see what's the worst you can expect.

They start out at ISO 1000, with some daylight left, then work their way up to
ISO 6400, as the light dies, only the
funky stage lighting is available and I move to longer, slower focal lengths.
Obviously, the lighting pretty warm, but I
didn't adjust WB either.

Shot with E-M5, 14-150 and 75-300.

Maybe there's an OM (-D) again for you. :-)

Concertina Moose