Re: [OM] SANDY SPARED US

Subject: Re: [OM] SANDY SPARED US
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 10:20:07 -0700
> Same here, 5" rain, minor creek rising, some gusting, no limbs down in our
> area,...
Well, after no rain for 3-4 months we've picked up almost 6" in the last
two weeks. The Olympics and Cascades much, much more. Not unusual around
here as most of our moisture comes Nov-Dec in the form of sub-tropical
flows known as "the Pineapple Express".  This pattern only sets up a
very few times per season so any climate anomaly may have a huge effect
on out total precip for the year. Global warming may have non-linear
consequences around here.

At least the yard is greening up and I'll have to mow when the rain stops.

<http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/flash-wv.html>
<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WaP9d1uz0eM/UJBtGMYWIXI/AAAAAAAALas/NDTdR4fzdZU/s1600/pcp72.72.0000.gif>

Mike