Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....

Subject: Re: [OM] Thinking of taking the plunge....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 14:17:18 -0700
On 11/3/2012 12:03 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>> an OM->m43. Yesterday I found out the 1.2/50 doesn't mount on it
> Would that be because of the protruding rear element?

That would certainly not be the case with the (overpriced) Oly adapter. There's
just a whole lot of empty space between
female OM mount and male µ4/3 mount. Larger diameter than the mount opening for
20 mm, then only slightly smaller for
another 6 mm. That's WAY more than the 50/1.2 needs.

The protective 'ears' on the back of the 50/1.4 stick 5 mm back from the back
of the mount, and they are just out in
empty space on my Oly adapter.

I can't imagine why any other adapter wouldn't be the same. But who knows;
Vivitar OM extension tubes have a narrower
clear inner diameter than Oly's do.

Mount Up Moose