[OM] 5DII and E-M5, ACR and Olympus Viewer 2, EF and M.Z zooms

Subject: [OM] 5DII and E-M5, ACR and Olympus Viewer 2, EF and M.Z zooms
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 21:19:43 -0500 (EST)
Had to pull the exposure down 1.45 stops and used a ton of highlight
recovery in ACR.  I didn't have a bunch of time and used a tad of NR
right in ACR in lieu of NI.
It was overexposed a bit and I can't see much highlight detail in the
buoy at 200% despite that and prior to other processing but the hull is
better.  I think my final LCE step washed
that out some and I should have masked it and done the boat LCE
in another layer and would have-- if I had any clue as to the upcoming
comparison.   Actually I just sent you the RAW file. The overexposure
couldn't have helped much.

Never did like the 24-105 all that much but it is a good price with the
body and has IS.  I couldn't get a Contax N 24-85 converted fast enough
for our upcoming trip.   The C/Y 35-70 stopped down is a super
landscape  lens
with Zeiss rendering but  fussier under the circumstances.

There was a travel photog at the Hunt show this Sat who gave a talk and
not
infrequently used the 14-150.  Interestingly he always used base ISO in
the OM-D and had a RRS table top type pod with the rubber gripping
feet---saw images of him holding it against walls--able to get sharp 2
sec shots.  He does seem to make a good living at it and his kit is the
same as  Da Moose..

Mike