[OM] [OT] I may never go in the creek again

Subject: [OM] [OT] I may never go in the creek again
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 16:39:03 -0500
  This is way off topic but I have to share:

             http://sharks-ocearch.verite.com/

   Go to this website. It will display a map of the Atlantic Ocean and
the east coast of the USA. This is a web page put out by a research
group that tracks sharks with radio tags. On the right side of the
page you will see a tab "Sharks". Click on it and a list of names will
appear. Click on the shark named "Mary Lee". A window with information
will slide out. Scroll down and click on a button labeled something
like "Where I've been". A path will appear on the map. As you can see,
this shark was tagged up along the NE coast up where Chuck lives. She
made her way down the coast at a pretty good clip. Off the coast of SC
she moved in closer. From this far out it looks as if she went inland.
WTF. Zoom in closer and we see that she entered Charleston Harbor,
swam up the Wando River and took a turn into Beresford Creek. I know
this creek well as my house backs up to it. This shark probably turned
around and went out the way she came in since the creek gets pretty
small as it nears where it goes under I-526 Interstate. Ultimately she
made her way out to sea again. Now go back to the information panel
about this shark and you see that she is a 16', 3500 lb. Great White
Shark! At the point of the last radio ping in Beresford Creek it is
only about 40' wide. I've seen plenty of small sharks up these creeks
but would never in my wildest dreams imagined a shark this size going
that far up the river.

Charlie