Re: [OM] Binoculars

Subject: Re: [OM] Binoculars
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:56:53 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... I often encountered serious
> birders in the marsh.  They often had Leitz or Swarowski binoculars that
> shamed my little Nikon 7x35s.  But, just as with the cameras, I could
> never bring myself to justify something 10 times the price of what I
> had.  But I'd still like to have a pair.  :-)

Did they see ten times as many birds? Did the birds they saw look ten times
better?

:::: "True," said Taleswapper, "but then, our cause is good, and so all nature
will conspire with us, don't you think?" "And God, too," she added firmly. "I
can't say about that," said Taleswapper. "The preachers and priests seem to
have him so fenced up with doctrine that the poor old Father hardly has room to
act anymore. Now that they've got the Bible safely interpreted, the last thing
they ever want is for him to speak another word, or show his hand of power in
this world." -- Orson Scott Card