Re: [OM] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal Tool, was: The Fruit Sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal Tool, was: The Fruit Sellers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:43:32 -0800
On 11/10/2012 1:18 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I am in the process of setting up a Win7 64 bit system so I copied
> PolaDSR over from my XP system, installed it in the Program Files (x86)
> folder, started it up and the stand-alone version runs OK.  Not bad for
> something that was created about 10 years ago... maybe even for Win98.
> It also has a 32 bit PS plug-in filter but my 32 bit version of
> PhotoShop CS6 doesn't show it.  Whether that's a problem with the
> plug-in or with PhotoShop I don't know.  When I installed PhotoShop I
> told it to install both 32 and 64 bit versions.  The 32 bit version of
> PhotoShop generates 3 different errors saying it's unable to load the
> C++ libraries and various other things.  So I can't say for sure whether
> the PolaDSR plug-in works or not in CS6.  It does work in CS5 on XP for
> 32 bit.

CS6-32 installed fine and runs fine on Win7 on my small notebook.

> I you'd like to try it I'll be happy to send anyone a copy via email.
> The zip file is 436 KB.  There is no installer for it.

This is not true. I copied plug-ins, presets, etc. from my desktop installation
of CS6 to my notebook install. I started
getting a message from PS when I started the 32 bit version that it couldn't
find scratchremoval.dll. That's probably
one of the errors you encountered.

That DLL is required in System32, and must be installed, not copied, so it is
in the registry.

Once properly installed, it shows up in PSCS6-32, with no error message on
start-up. I've put the install package on my
site. It may be downloaded here.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Temp/Polaroid_Dust_and_Scratch_Removal/pdsr1_0.exe>

> Copy the PolaDSR.8BF file to the PhotoShop plug-ins/filters file to use the
> plug-in with PS.

I don't know if this is needed, as I already had the plug-in in that directory.
If it needs to be copied, you'll find it
in the directory you installed the app in.

Polaroid Moose