Re: [OM] IMG: The Fruit Sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Fruit Sellers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:55:35 -0800
On 11/10/2012 6:45 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> The Polaroid dust remover is the only one I've found that works on my B&W
> scans.  It is destructive used at a high level, but you can use the history
> brush and only affect the actual dust and scratches.  The new Silverfast 8
> claims to have an IR dust removal that works with Kodachrome and B&W.  I've
> installed it but haven't tried it out yet.  It looks like each individual
> slide has to be worked on in their HDR suite after it is scanned with an IR
> channel that will remove the dust.  It should work, I hope.

OW, two more manual steps.

If the IR Kodachrome dust removal works, that's another labor intensive step
removed. You not only run DSR, but then
hand adjust? For how many thousands of scans?

What is SF thinking, making the user do extra work on each image? I'll bet
there is a way to batch that and the gamma
application.

I know I'm a broken record, but every manual step just makes the whole project
take longer and uses up your time.

I still think there is a possible automated work flow that would make perfectly
fine images of over 90% of the scans
without a touch from you beyond loading the slides and starting the batch
processes.

You could then flip through the output files with a viewer and note those few
that are both good enough as images and
not good enough as scans, to merit special treatment.

Records Broken Moose