Re: [OM] VueScan Documentation [was ] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal To

Subject: Re: [OM] VueScan Documentation [was ] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal Tool, was: The Fruit Sellers]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:42:39 -0500
Thanks.  Actually, I have that book on my Kindle Fire.  I never
completely read it and it had worked its way to the bottom of the pile.
  Thanks to your mention it has been found again.

I have just installed PSCS6 in the last week and it hasn't done any work
yet let alone run the scanner.  I think the problem you mention with WIA
access from PS to the scanner may also be in CS5.  I recall trying to
scan something and the scanner wasn't found.  Since I was in a hurry I
worked around it in someway that I don't recall but it might even have
been going back to CS3.  I have not made any serious use of VueScan with
the Epson V700 since I was never able to get it to recognize the grid
arrangement of the film holders.  That's really why I bought the VueScan
Bible hoping I'll find the answer in there.  But I have been fairly well
satisfied with Epson Scan when used in its "professional" mode.  It's
certainly easier to use than VueScan but, of course, doesn't do "raw" scans.

Chuck Norcutt